1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

change over module

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by ajp0933, Jan 1, 2007.

1. ajp0933

ajp0933 Junior Member

my lights for my truck and plow lights worked fine until yesterday my left truck light is on and right plow light is on but right truck light is out and only time both truck lights come on is when high beams are on same thing when the plow light are on only both work on high beam i also noticed that the sticker on the module has slight bubbling in it would this all be characteristic of a bad module?
  2. Whip

Whip Member

Is this truck a Dodge? If so, what year?
  3. ajp0933

ajp0933 Junior Member

sorry its a 2001 chevy
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Check all your connection's first but by the sound of it you might have bad module.Before you go out and buy a new one though try swapping them side to side and see if the symptoms swap side's too. If they do then you know it's the module.
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2007
  5. ajp0933

ajp0933 Junior Member

Good idea thanks B&B
  6. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

A bad ground will mess your whole day up,,,,,check that first....Rob
  7. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I just dealt with this problem a month ago on my truck. I checked grounds, fuses, etc. It turned out to be a change over module $60, and a blown head light fuse. No biggie. Just sucked cause it blew at 2:00 am when we did have snow. Thank god for 24hr dealers.
  8. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Thomas keep in mind I have spares in my garage if it happens again Id let go cheeper then 60 bucks....Rob