1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Change of Business Structure...

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Eggie329, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Eggie329

Eggie329 Senior Member

I am contemplating changing my business structure, but I am looking for input on how to do it. Currently I have one LLC that I run 3 businesses under. Each is just a division using the same name. I want to change it to where each business has it's own DBA name, but files under one LLC or Corporation.

As I have been talking to people they say I need a separate DBA for each county that I service. How do large companies do DBAs? For example, Speedway is Speedway Super America LLC, but they do business as Speedway. It wouldn't make sense for them to file a DBA for every county they did business in. How do I set up a structure where I form for example Cleaveland-Craig Enterprises Corporation and have a business working as Cleaveland Lawnscape and another as Craig Vending?

Just trying to get some ideas on the best way to do this! Thanks for input.