1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Change in weather in CT

Discussion in 'Weather' started by 06HD BOSS, Sep 1, 2006.

1. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

For about a week now here in CT you can feel a total change in the atmosphere. Daytime highs have been in the 60s & 70s with overnight lows in the upper 40s & 50s. Just a week before this it was still in the upper 80s daytime. Hasnt been humid lately either. Some of the maples down in the river valley have started changing colors already. I think the fun in the sun is pretty much over guys. Few more weeks till we strap up the leaf boxes.:eek: (the only thing that gets me through fall is knowing snow season is a couple months around the corner)

2. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

I have noticed that as well up here in Maine that some of the maple trees leaves are starting to change and starting to fall off the trees. Hopefully we will have a good snowy winter this year payup The lows at night up here have been in the low 40's highs during the day have been in the high 60's to 70's

3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

The swamp maples out by a pond at my house are really starting to tuen red. I would say 60% of the swamp maple leaves have turned already.

4. go plow

go plow Senior Member

ive been cleaning leave that fall for a few weeks now!!! in the litchfield hills. i saw a brief broadcast on channel 3 this moring that the N.E is going to get a bad winter ? who really knows all i know is i pray for it!! for two reasons, plowing money & snowmobiling

5. all seasons

all seasons Member

we have been doing minor cleanup also, but its just around the corner. I feel that we should have a decent winter season this year,if you watch nature at all you have probably noticed that the oaks are dropping nuts like crazy, id like to think that they know its going to be snowy so they are providing the squirrels with plenty of food for a long hard winter............

6. 06HD BOSS

Yeah i noticed that. The squirrels around here are going nuts! literally lol.
    I hope that could be a sign of things to come

7. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

quite a change here too. farmers are shelling corn full bore and the beans are being cut too. the roofing weather is still a little warm yet. it was 93 deg today, there calling for 92 tomorow!!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
  8. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

92? I mowed in a sweat shirt today. :drinkup:

9. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Looks like the weather is getting warmer here too. His of 87 and lows in the upper 60s for mid week. El Nino is kicking in they say with a warmer wetter winter which of course will lead to ice storms:cry:

10. Rodeo Rider

Rodeo Rider Junior Member

Snowfall predictions

Is it correct that this is a La Nina? spelling? year? I want lots of snow. Only did 1300 mi on my sled last season.

Anyone with good info please post.
    I am in CT.

11. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

only 1300? I think I put 75 on one sled and maybe 150 on my new Turbo i picked up last year... :realmad:

12. go plow

go plow Senior Member

my 800 was a trailer queen last winter, i rode it from the garage, around my house once and into the trailer she went!!! lets all get together this winter a take them out for a ride! what do you guys say? i told my girlfriend this past weekend that after im done with firewood, im gonna polish the sled up,:gunsfiring: : she said that i already have the (itch) for riding lol

13. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

weather man was wrong again, it made it to 95 deg. i'm sure the farmers love it!! the corn should be nice and dry now.

14. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

My computer sucks! If it gets any warmer the farmers will be shelling pop corn. xysport

15. CMLandscaping

CMLandscaping Junior Member
    from CT

Mix bag for thursday night thats bs well see about that

16. 06HD BOSS

Ive been hearing "flurries". But dont wanna hear anything else until its cold enough to stick.
    It is getting cold though guys....

17. cha-chas plowin

cha-chas plowin Member

the tree,s at my house are almost bare been cleaning up alot i here snow flurres this week end about timepurplebou :gunsfiring:

18. cha-chas plowin

cha-chas plowin Member

you got that right:)