1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

change a power V to VXT by blade swap?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Joks79, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Joks79

Joks79 Junior Member

Has anyone thought about switching their Boss Power V wings to a VXT? I'm considering doing this on my plow vs buying a new plow. My plow is 4 years old and from talking to my dealer it should be just changing out the blades.

thoughts?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

If my.memory serves me right. One of the guys up in Alaska did it. Last year, year before last maybe. Said it was fairly simple

3. LawnmastersMike

LawnmastersMike Member

If it is possible I'd like to change mine to the new stainless DXT blades...

4. Joks79

Joks79 Junior Member

Would anyone be interested in my old blades? My plow is a 4 year old 9'2" power V. Not sure what they'd be worth.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

So you did do the upgrade. How did it go?

6. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Dxt center section is different (has a different part number). Pwr V to xt is a easy switch.

7. Joks79

Joks79 Junior Member

Not yet. I'm planning on it before next winter

8. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

I would be for the right price. Is Trenary, MI in the UP? I would turn my 7'6" in to a 9'2".

9. Joks79

Joks79 Junior Member

Yes it is. Between Escanaba and Marquette. I am going to get a price on the change in the next few weeks.

10. APLC

APLC Senior Member

I would send me a PM im also in MI if you do the swap..

11. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I turned a 7'6" into an 8'2" quite a few years ago. Very easy.

12. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Is it just take the springs off, unbolt rams from the wings and remove the center hinge pin.
    The hinge is the same on the wings?

I have re-welded the center hinge mounts on a BOSS 15 years ago. That was that easy to put back together.

13. tbrownell

tbrownell Member

Here's the parts list and prices off my invoice for the swap (keep in mind these prices are for Kalamazoo, MI) -

Parts List:

(1) MSC10292B - 9'2" XT BLADE PLOW CRATE
    (x2) MSC07705 - 17-7/8" springs

Total - 2075.98 +tax