1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Change 2 wire plow to 3 wire plow side only

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bull dozer, Jan 4, 2013.

1. bull dozer

bull dozer Junior Member

Can any one tell me what's involved. A new style 2 wire plow side only and installing on a 3 wire truck
  2. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

I'm assuming when you say NEW 2 wire plow, you are referencing 2 plugs.

So if its NEW current year, you have a Western Mult-plex wiring system.

2 options: Rewire plow for 3 plug
    Rewire truck for multi-plex-if you go this route the only thing u can re-use
    is your module and light harness. You CANNOT use
    your controller either, it will not mate up.
  3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Install the new cable from the battery + & - through the grill. There is no relay under the hood on this system, it's actually under the shrowd on the plow.

Install new control harness through the firewall and plug in the two 4 pin plugs, on goes to the new battery cable and the other goes to the headlight harness (through an adapter as I recall)

That's about it. You can leave the original three plug parts in and be able to use it on either system. The only thing you would have to switch over each time is one of the four pin plugs.

As mentioned above the isolation module and headlight harnesses are compatible with the new system.
  4. bull dozer

bull dozer Junior Member

Thanks I am buying a spare plow that is a 2 wire and all our trucks are 3 wire so i just wanted to see how difficult it was to change the plow over to a 3 wire