1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chance to Get Unimog with Plow and Blowblower

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Doakster, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

2. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Oh man, that's right down the street too. No suburb of Chicago has ever had a need for something like that, but I'd request one if I was working there...

3. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

kind of makes me wonder why they are getting rid of it though. maybe they cant get parts?

4. salopez

salopez Senior Member

if you have the cash go for it!

I have been looking at them too...my wife is on board now just to get the $$$.

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'd say get it if you'll use it and have the money.

Those mogs are awesome, I'd like one but don't have the $$$ or need.

6. ctd992500

ctd992500 Senior Member

That can't be the reason because the military has lots of them. And I do mean alot.

7. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

You're right, parts are easily obtained because there are so many of them, they are the standard military and civilian utility vehicle all through out Europe and have been for some time now.

8. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

Parts are still available from a number of dealers in the US. The US Army is still running the SEE tractor, a 406 Unimog with front end loader, backhoe and a bunch of hydraulic tools. They will be fased out in the next few years and replaced by a JCB (fastrack?)