1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Challenge for the plow vets

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by johntwist, Nov 9, 2004.

1. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

Challenge for the Plow Site vets

I was thinking different scenarios out of boredom and I came up with a good one for ya' to stimulate some conversation.

You have a customer with a split-entry style house with a drive under garage in the front. The right side of the single-wide driveway is a retaining wall of railroad ties. The left side is the front lawn, but it slopes way up and has a row of hedges all along the edge of the driveway. The area in front of the garage door is like the bottom of a big sink and there's a trench drain there to deal with water collection.

Let's assume you can't put it out in the street. I also heard that pushing snow across a street is illegal in many places. :nono:

Now, where the hell do you put the snow??? :confused:
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2004
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Backdrag it into the street, then angle the blade and push it to the curb as I drive away. Do it every year. :nod:
  3. this sounds like a good job for alot of salt :dizzy:
  4. The Boss

John, it needs to snow. You've got to much time on your hands. :D :drinkup:
  5. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

Yeah, you've got that right, I'm bored on top of bored. Mick's gonna laugh when he sees this thread :rolleyes:
    Well, it's going down into the teens tonight, maybe a record low for this early in November. Could be a good sign of things to come! :drinkup:
  6. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Very difficult question. Very simple answer. For every job there is the right tool. The tool needed here is a snowmann rear mount pull plow. Now it is your turn to ask a question. :)
  7. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

lol my wife tells me that too :cry: :salute:
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2004
  8. The Boss

You still didn't answer where to put it Bolts. ;)
    By the way, :bday:
  9. Bolts Indus.

Thanks for the congrads:

That seems to be a dead end question.
  10. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Quote the customer more and use a snowblower. :p :D
    :bday: Bolts
  11. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

Shove it into the garage and let it melt. Then squeegee it to the floor drain. :)
    Or charge an arm and a leg to snow blow it.

Just my .02,
    Mark K
  12. Bolts Indus.

Well thank you very much.
  13. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

thats what I do also :rolleyes:

PS Nolan change your sig ;)
  14. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Yes, I laughed when I started reading this, but not for the reason you might think. At first, it sounded like one I've had for several years. The solution was simple, but might not work for some. The customer actually told me to do this - push the snow across the yard. Then you said there are bushes to keep you from doing that. Then it sounded like where my daughter lived in Augusta. Couldn't backdrag to the street and push to the side because of the sidewalks and bushes between the sidewalk and yard. Bushes actually did line the entire driveway and front of the yard. The other side of the driveway was the neighbors house. There was literally nowhere to push the snow. The solution was a snowblower and blow the snow over the bushes.
  15. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

What if theres cars on the street that allready got plowed in from the town? What if you have a V-box and no trailer for a snowthrower.... Just had to add a twist to it... :p
  16. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

No pun intended of course :)

It's funny, this little scenario has generated more of a variety of responses than I figured. I wonder what other brain teasers I can come up with :rolleyes:
  17. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

:redbounce I JUST WISH I HAD SOME SNOW TO TRY ANY SCENARIO!!! :redbounce
  18. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

I'd just use the Trackless with the blower, or my Case with a blower, and put the snow where ever I want with in 200 ' of the driveway :waving:

19. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

ME TOO!!!! supposed to happen tomorrow night!
  20. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Backdrag into the street and then windrow it off to the side of the road. If there are cars there that the town plows have plowed in well... they get buried even more by me, then when they get out, i go back and clean to the curb where the car was parked. Sounds like a situation where i just may push a few loads across the street. Shhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone :nono: