1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BPK63, Sep 18, 2009.

1. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

Couple of years ago I gave up the 150 pound snowblower and got an old 92 K1500 with a plow. I only do my driveway but have a big one and am getting too old to spend 3 hours per storm fighting with the machine. It has been so much better sitting in a truck clearing my driveway but at the end of it I live on a rather steep hill. On two occasions two years in a row now we've had a storm that came down very suddenly and heavy at night and when I got to the street it was pretty slick. I have gone sideways down the street with my back wheels spinning in 4wd. No worse feeling than your foot firmly on the brake, the plow down and you still can't stop heading into an intersection. I'm thinking I need some chains for the back tires, but what kind and where to get them? Fairly large tires on this thing I would assume I can buy them by tire size. Any suggestions would be appreciated so I don't soil my shorts again this year.
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Napa carries them. Just let them know what size tires you have. Welded V-bar have much better bite.