1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by fishinak, Nov 30, 2012.

1. fishinak

fishinak Junior Member
    from ak

Which tire chains you all recommend? got an inexpensive source to buy em?
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Depends on how much you run them on hot top. But the better, the better. Welded V-Bar will last a long time, even on hot top. And dig like crazy. If you run plenty of weight, your truck will feel more like a bulldozer than a light truck.

3. fishinak

fishinak Junior Member
    from ak

ya those v bar look sweet
  4. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

don't people have problems with chains taring up the pavement. its the reason they are illegal in michigan.
  5. lfaulstick

lfaulstick Member
    from PA

i run tire chains alot around here when plowing gas lease roads and forestry roads. i get them from http://tirechains.com/ they are pretty close to me and usually have them next day. I also buy the heavy heavy duty, because i tend to get called out to open roads that should have a dozer on them. Load the sander up put in low and v the blade and take your time.

just remember when or if you get stuck with chains and loaded sander your usually stuck pretty bad.

also i have bought some through our local napa as well.
  6. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

carbide grips last longer