1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chains or snow tires

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Remstar, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Remstar

Remstar Member

Hey guys just trying to grasp what is going to be the best route here, I know manyof you have experience with this.

Just got a new CAT 262c and rampin up for the winter. Was planning on ordering a 10 ft Kage system for it (I am tossing up between the 9ft & 10 ft, Having trouble deciding).

Now I imagine with a 10ft blade I would be experiencing alot of slip with the stock tires. Should I get the A set of chains to throw on the stock tires or invest in a set of Snow Wolf winter tires for it? Thanks for your input here.
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I would guess snow tires would be a better choice. Chains can tear up the asphalt, at least I can marks on my driveway from when I used to use my garden tractor.
  3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Snow tires (wolf paws) & the 10fter. You'll be very happy you did.
  4. Remstar

Remstar Member

Okay Excellent thank you, I keep tossing up between the 9ft and the 10 ft. One thing I am concerned about with the 10' , How do I effectivly move this thing around. I havent seen how it will work, is there just alot of overhang on both sides?