1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chain?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by CityGuy, Feb 7, 2009.

1. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

I am going to ask a dumb questionm but i am a Western man. Why do the Fishers have about a 4-5' chain for lifting on them?

2. antanddom

antanddom Member

It seems to me that the Fisher is just a heavy plow then the Western because of the trip edge and all.The Western seems like a nice plow must be great for backdraging.

3. josh9410

josh9410 Member

fishers have a longer chain so it can be looped to both sides of the a-frame, due to its wieght. western plows are alot lighter by about 300 pounds so it can use a shorter chain from single point on the a-frame verses the fisher that weights more that needs multiple lifting points on the a-frame....i own 5 fishers and i personally wouldnt go back to a western

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  4. antanddom

antanddom Member

Yes I agree I had mine for 11 years and it owes me nothing

5. josh9410

josh9410 Member

same here none of my fishers owe me, i have gotten really sweet deals on all of my fishers, 4 out of 5 are MM1, and 1 conventional. I have plowed with western, boss, and meyers plows, and by far i would take a fisher anyday