1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chain stores Plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by silvetouch, Aug 18, 2007.

1. silvetouch

silvetouch Senior Member

I have been doing snow removal for several years now and i want to get some bigger accounts. Does anyone have any experience with banks or drugstores or Lowes Wallmart, etc?? I guess my main questions is who do i talk to about getting some accounts like these. I have done large accounts like these b/4 that were subbed to me. But no-1 ever wants to give out any info.
    any help from you guys would be appreciated.
    thanks

2. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

I bank at a TCF near my home, and there are many others in the area, I know the manager very well, and we get along great. I have mentioned plowing and lawn care to her, she says that she would, but TCF decides on a company that can do all the banks in the Twin Cities. I also spoke with a KFC franchisee who owns 27 KFC's and he said that he wants to deal with only one company for all 27 even though they are all VERY far apart. On the other hand, I got several BK accounts by simply calling and setting up meetings with the general manager. I know that the places you are looking into are bigger, but still are chains just like my BK's. Try contacting someone in person at the store who is considered the "gatekeeper"(customer service desk, or a manager) and ask them who is in charge of making decisions for the grounds keeping. They will likely give you a name of someone that makes that decision, or will pass you up the line until you get the person in charge. If you can, do some homework, work up a general estimate, be ready to ask good questions about what they need, and then to answer questions they have. My experience is that the guy with the best attitude has the best chance, and if you can back up your good attitude with good service these people will refer you to the other store managers in a hurry during their regional meetings! Good service is not just when the snow flies, but during your first visit with them and every visit after, that is what they are looking for. Good luck!:waving:

3. silvetouch

silvetouch Senior Member

thanks for the reply:
    Yeah, that is my goal is to do larger accounts like those, whether they are fast food, or banks or what not. We have a chain or Burger Kings here that i've been trying to get for a while that actually has there employees cutting there lawn now. They own about 15 or 20 BK's here in Michigan. If you don't mind me asking, what do you get for those out where your at?
    thanks again and good luck bidding this year.

4. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

check your pm silvetouch

I gave you some info, hope this helps!:D :D