1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chain Restaraunts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snoluvr, Oct 18, 2004.

1. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

Anybody doing work for Chili's, Applebee's, TGI fridays???
    How do they pay?? are they owned by one company??
    thanks

2. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

I do work, summer and winter for Applebees, TGIFridays, The Olive Garden, and Long John Silvers. All of them pay net 30 days and 99% of the time I get paid between 30 and 45 days like clockwork. No complaints here these companies are all good to deal with. The key is to do good work, get to know the general managers so they talk about your work amongst themselves at regional manager meetings. You will gain and loose individual stores as new managers come and go, but once established, they will always call back. New managers look to try and shine by saving on monthly budgets etc, then realize the place starts to look bad, or needs plowing etc ASAP, and the one who has been reliable, and consistant, gets called back! Good luck, Bill

3. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I've done Applebee's and Bob Evan's. Applebee's pays fast. Usually within 30 days. Bob Evan's usually with in 45 days. They always pay, with no questions. Around here, it is the managers who make the decisions and decide if the service warrants payment. TGI Friday's uses a regional manager for, say, ten stores. Usually, they are harder to get, as they sub out their hired help ( dishwashers, etc. ), and the Hispanic population takes care of that work as well as lawn. At least that is the way it is around here.

4. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

Thanks for the info so far...How did you guys come up with pricing?? Are there ten guys bidding on these types of accounts?I am not sure if I should go with a typical price or give them a break due to possible other work.

5. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Another thing to consider is many of the chain restaurants (applebees) are owned by conglomerates. The Applebees by me are owned by AppleSauce Inc. and I think they own a few other chains.

I plow a few Cracker Barrels'. I approached the manager one year and asked if I could submit a bid. It was accepted on a per hour basis. The lots had to be kept clean by 5:00a.m. every day. No biggie. They were prompt payers also. Never called to complain. Maybe that's because I am a good plower :cool:

6. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I have a Ground Round for a customer, very much like Applebee's or Chili's. I did the mowing this past summer, first year for their snowplowing. They pay very well, never any longer then a couple weeks from when I sent the bill to getting my check. Ground Round is a franchise however, the owners cover their own bills, so not sure how it compares to the others in that manner.

Buck