1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chain or scissor lift?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by zepplin810, Dec 16, 2011.

1. zepplin810

zepplin810 Junior Member
    from Midwest

Two years ago I plowed with a straight Western 7.5 then laster year I ran an older Hiniker C plow both had chain lifts and it was great being able to adjust the plow height or lock it all the way up when my pump went out. I noticed that Hiniker dosent make plows with chain lifts anymore and uses scissor lifts. Why are more manufactures switching to scisor lifts? Is there anyway to adjust the plow height with a Hiniker scissor lift on a modern ploly C plow? What are some of the other drawbacks / benefits of the scissor lift? We are looking to buy a new plow but I'm thinking of going with one that has a chain lift.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Not sure where you got a chain lift Hiniker it must have been basterdized because it didn't come from the factory that way
  3. zepplin810

zepplin810 Junior Member
    from Midwest

It was an older Hiniker it wasn't a poly c plow like the newer ones it was a steel chain lift. We had two other Hinikers regular straight plows that were chain lift also. Maybe we were just using ancient equipment but that old chain c plow sure moved some snow. I guess I should have bought the plow from them when I left the company
  4. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

I agree with Nichols, Hiniker never made a chain lift.
  5. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Never seen a chain lift Hiniker... I do like Hinikers system better myself...