1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cet

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bgjj, Oct 17, 2005.

1. bgjj

bgjj Junior Member

You paid the Gst and Brokerage fees at the border and just handed customs paper work from SnowPlowSupply.com, is that how it worked? or did you have to find a broker?

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

There are broker offices at the border. We made the arrangements ahead of time. We paid the broker their fee and the GST a couple of days before. When you get to the border you go to the brokers office and they give you the necessary paperwork. You then take this paper work to the customs office and hand it in. They process it and call your name, they may want to see the stuff they may not. In my case they just gave me back my paper work and that was it. You are acting as a bonded carrier bringing the goods into Canada through the broker. I am pretty sure our broker was called PPB. If you do this you need to go through the truckers lane at the border. I went through the regular passenger vehicle part. I got chewed out by customes for being in the wrong place but that was all.

3. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Could you double check on the brokers name and let us know. I am thinking of going down in about two weeks and want to get everything set up.
    THanks,

Jon

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I was close.

PBB Global Logistics
    1 Bridge St.
    Point Edward, Ontario
    N7V 4J5
    519-337-7501
    Fax 519-332-3317

www.pbb.com

5. Pristine PM ltd

Was it called PBB Global Logistics?

6. Pristine PM ltd

whoops, thanks!

7. Pristine PM ltd

What kind of costs were involved? I will be buying 4 Blizzards in NYS, and don't want the cost of the import to overrule the savings by buying in the states.

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

There are no costs. They come into the country duty free.
    The Blizzards come in a crate if you are doing cash and carry. Easy to transport.

9. Pristine PM ltd

So PBB doesn't have a fee? Also, I am not looking at having them installed in Canada. I am looking at having them installed in the states and then driving back with them on. Is that an issue? I have a friend who is going to be installing them for me in his shop in NYS, and I then want to drive back to Toronto.

Thanks for your help.

Jon

10. Edgewater

Edgewater Member

You can also go into the customes and do the paper work your self. Takes 5 min at the computer terminal. They are not supposed to help you, but if you fill in a field wrong they will often correct it for you, I have done this many times and saved alot of headaches.

11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

PBB's fee was $224.17 including the GST.

12. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Not to sure of this but I think it is worth looking into.
    Under NAFTA there should be no import fees but there may be a GST tax.

That is what I thought NAFTA was suspose to cover, anything made in the USA or Canada could cross the border with no import fees but if it was made outside one of the countrys there is duty due on it.