1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Centre Shoe.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Can-Boy, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Can-Boy

Can-Boy Member

Is it necessary to run with the centre shoe ? This time of year we only seem to tear up stuff and then possibly bend or break them

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's certainly not a requirement and few even do run them any more. In fact they don't even come equipped with them on a new plow. If you want one it's an option. Do expect a little quicker cutting edge wear though without it. But also expect better scraping ability too. :drinkup:

3. Can-Boy

Can-Boy Member

thanks for the info B&B

4. cplmac

cplmac Senior Member
    from Dundee

I just put the new style cutting edges on, I used to have just the straight edges with no curb guards or center shoe but this is the first season I've run this equipment. How does the new style cutting edges stack up against the old style with the center shoe B&B? Thanks again for the info!

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Most do not run shoes with the formed edges and many never even ran the center shoe on the older two piece edges. Of course shoes will help edge life regardless of style but at the sacrifice of clean scraping ability.

More of a personal preference and specific requirements for the job than anything.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Cooked mine in 1 season.