1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Central Parts Wharehouse shipping??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Clint S, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

I just bought a new Fishstick and electric motor from CPW and the service and speed of delivery was great, BUT it cost me $37 to get them shipped Fed Ex regular ground.. There was a little mix up on what Motor I needed and there are 2 different motors listed on the invoice, but they only shipped the correct one. According to the invoice I paid $19 to ship the fishstick which weighs 1.6 lbs and 18$ to ship the the motor which weighs 17lb. According to CPW there was no mistake and the shipping quote is correct. Has anyone else ordered from them and how was there shipping fees. I know times are tough, but come on.

2. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

Theres an article in this months issue of consumer reports on shipping rates by far the cheapest is the good ole US Postal service beating out some other shippers by as much as 281 percent less.

3. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

Shipping is how they make money. Just like in a restaurant with cheap food but expensive drinks...

I just ordered 2 light bars and 4 LIN4's from a supplier, 40.2lbs shipped for $28 with USPS :)

4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Its Shipping and Handling.

That includes them pulling the part from stock, buying a box and other packaging items for it, labeling, arranging for shipping etc.

Thats why SOMETIMES, its cheaper to order online and SOMETIMES its cheaper to go to a local dealer.

5. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

After calling 3 times and talking to 3 different people I finally got somewhere. I called as a perspective buyer and got a quote for shipping the items I bought. The quote was $21. I then asked to speak with a manager and explained the situation. It was 15 minutes before their closing time and he assures me if I call him on Monday he will straighten it out, with either a credit to my card or account. I asked when I ordered. I know that sometimes shipping can be a way to make up for lower prices. I was told it would be around $20 for shipping. We will see what happens, I hope they make it right. It is only $16, but hey thats a couple quarts of fluid. As far as the local dealer even with the $37 shipping they were still around $50 cheaper than the dealer

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  6. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Well they said that the high shipping was because they insured the Fishstick for $400. Going on UPS.com actual shipping for the 2 lb Fishstick with $400 of insurance is $16 and change. That said, them charging $19 and change is not so bad. I realize they have to make money anywhere they can. I was satisfied they called me back and straightened it out. Still $50 cheaper than my local dealer.