1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Central Parts Springs dont Fit!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by FisherVMan, Dec 11, 2010.

1. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

I just got done a 3 hr stint building a tool and then replacing the springs on my older G series, Fisher 90" HD plow. Took about an hour to make the tool up, and a couple to change all the springs out .............. after removing them I noticed that the new ones seamed a bit shorter?? The guy at CPW had assured me that these springs part# 27406 are the replacement for the older part # 305 springs; but I am here to tell you that it is <NOT> so. The book says that 406 fits L&M Blades only; and I would say that it right; as these springs are 13" with 17 turns; and the old ones I took out are 15" and 19 turns; so they are quite a bit bigger.................... arh what to do.................. just a heads up for any of the boys that have an older G or H plow these new springs dont work .............. :mad:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010