1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

central parts.com?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by getsum, Jul 14, 2011.

1. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

Early browsing at expandable plows and came across central parts.com. they list a snow dogg for almost 1/2 price like 4k
    a fisher xls for 5k
    and a western for 6k.
    cant find the blizzard though.
    :confused: are they this cheap because of no warrentee? or what? wondering if anyone knows of any good sites to find plows for sale or should i just contact local dealers? and lastly looking for honest opinions on the better blade, blizzard 8611, western w/o and the xls. thanks ahead of time guys :salute:

2. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

not 100% sure but i think you get them on a pallet and have to put them together yourself?

3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Can't answer the pricing question, but what the heck are you doing comparing a wideout/xls with an 8611? They're not even in the same league. An 8611 would destroy a truck sized for a wideout/xls, and a truck sized for an 8611 would destroy a wideout/xls. :eek:

4. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

I can only answer what i know....I Own an XLS...Love the Production of the Plow..The plow has been good to me....

BTW...If you buy the 8611 and hang it on your Truck..Please take pictures...:eek:

5. Mdwstsnow512

Mdwstsnow512 Senior Member

6. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

no no no i wouldn't be keeping my truck lol god no! i picked up 4 large commercial accounts and need something bigger. i need something to back drag car wash entrances, wing and carry across good size lots and a v i just dont think will cut it. i would base my truck on the plow size. with the 8611 obviously you need a stout truck. the wide outs are 3 in one in my eyes. i was just curious if these plows listed were actually deals and if this was an ok place

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  7. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Bigger is better, and if you're in wide open spaces, it's hard to beat an 8611 on an F550 without stepping up to a muni setup. Thumbs Up

8. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

thats what i was thinking bc im a landscaper so im always renting or looking for a dump. im shocked guys have em on ram 2500's and 3500's. if i could get it on a srw it would help with the tight though... man too many decisions!

9. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I would at least give your local dealers a shot.....I like supporting my local community when I can.

10. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

ill try but one is a ford dealership and the other is an auto body shop :confused:

11. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Neither sounds appealing imo, but it wont cost you anything to get a quote from them...and if the price is right, you will have local dealer support from someone you have done biz with.

12. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

this is true :nod: