1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Central Ohio Rates

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Young Pup, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

OK guys,

I live in Columbus Ohio. I am putting a bid in a on commercial lot. It is around 40,000 square feet of lot. Along with sidewalk work. The lots are broken up into three lots one being about 27,000, the second one being 2,840, and the third lot being 9,324. Also a small loading dock which is 35x22. I would have to back-drag that out. Should I go per push or by the hour? If by the hour I was thinking of 120.00 per hour. I will be using a Chevy 2500 ext cab with a 7.5 Meyers. Along with a tailgater spreader and I was going to charge per pound for the salt. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. If I get this then they have more work as well. I am figuring maybe 1-2 hours of work there. Is that to low for the square footage.

Thanks in advance for any help.

JP

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Bid this job by the push with increasing amounts according to snow depth. As you become more efficient with plowing the lot you will be able to do more jobs . If you charge by the hour you will lose money by becoming more efficient...

3. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks Lawnmedic,

I met with them a little earlier and that is how we are going to do it. Per push with a 2 inch trigger per them. So i will be doing some number crunching here.

JP