1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Central NJ Commercial Property Bid

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by AClearerPath, Dec 27, 2006.

1. AClearerPath

AClearerPath Junior Member

First of all, thanks for all the great info on this site.

I have been doing residentials for a couple of years now, but was asked by one of my customers to do his small commercial lot. I have the contract on this property already, just wanted to see how fair a price I gave.

Property is approx 5000 square with a 35 X 100 rectangle parking lot behind the building and a 15 X 100 driveway to leading to the back.

I I
    I I 100 feet by 15 to back
    I I
    Building I I
    I I
    35 I

There is a small walkwat to the front which will need shoveling and will ice control with non corrosives. I can push all the snow to the back left of the lot and there are no obstructions. A fence lines the back end of the lot.

I am getting Per 24 hr storm:

$250 from 1.5 to 5 inches with salt (approx 200 pounds per app/ 2 apps per storm) and Walks

$400 for 5.1 to 12 inches with salt (3 salt apps estimated) and Walks

$10 an inch over 12 inches + $400 (hope we don't get a 24 incher with this $10 per inch stuff)

The guy that owes the place is a good guy, doesn't seem to get too stressed about this stuff, and wants the lot cleared by 8:00 am if it an overnight storm. If it is a daytime storm the place closes early. There should never be any cars in the lot to deal with.

Thanks for your responses and thanks for all the great posts I have been reading

2000 GMC w/ 7.5 Fisher and Western 500 LP salter
    A Clearer Path Snow and Ice Manangement
  2. AClearerPath

AClearerPath Junior Member

Sorry about the crappy diagram

The diagram I made was didn't take with the submission of the post.

In essence the lot looks like a flag.

It took me forver with the space bar and capital I's so it is quite dissapointing to see it look so shabby. thanks again.