1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Central New York Weather Discussion

Discussion in 'Weather' started by bigearl, Oct 10, 2009.

1. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

Just thought everyone else has a thread why cant we.

2. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

I thought we did? But either way... They are calling for snow in CNY on Wednesday. I am guessing that it will just be wet stuff but still. It's on the way!!!

3. ondagawood

ondagawood Senior Member

Yeah, I'm almost ready, just waiting to fix one of my engine drivebelt pulleys on my truck.
    Darn bearing :realmad:

I don't need A/C now but that's the one........:gunsfiring:

Scott

4. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

All I know is it is too early to snow. After November 1 then game on . Lets hope we all have a good season and accident and break down free.

5. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

I still have to service the plow and get it out from behind the garage. The snow can wait till mid nov. I still have 5 tons of wood pellets to get and fall clean ups yet to do.

6. DJs Lawncare

DJs Lawncare Member

I hear you on it waiting until mid November. I still have to service the plows and put the snows on the trucks. The leaves have just started to fall so if it snows hard too soon we will have a big mess on our hands.

7. ondagawood

ondagawood Senior Member

Yeah ya know, mid November - Dec. would be better ( or normal ) for SNOW !

See ya, ussmileyflag

8. B.Bells

B.Bells Senior Member

but what is normal for our job? :laughing:

9. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

repairs and break downs are normal, arent they ?

10. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

I don't know about you guys but I can ever say its normal weather in Oswego... If you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes

11. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

Any snow in the air? My wife's family live west of Oswego (Hanibal Red Creek) when the lake effect sets up they get pounded as you well know. So dont blink it mught start to snow LOL

12. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

Hannibal had ice pellets mixed with rain today but I'm not worried about snow for a few weeks the lake is still to warm. But its coming!

13. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

was at camp (north of old forge) over the long weekend...38F Saturday night at 8pm. Sunday night Snow was in the air!! got down to 22F and woke up with heavy frost.'

heard today there was snow in the air in morrisville

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  14. ondagawood

ondagawood Senior Member

Winter Storm Warning

Stueben & Tioga warnings issued this morning :nod:

15. DakotaDarron

DakotaDarron Member

yeah I hope the snow holds of a few too ... I got the fan and all the belts out working on the power stearing pump on my 96 f 250 ... also got to drop in a new alternator ... it was making all sorts of funky noises on me the other day and when I went to crank it by hand it really didnt sound healthy

16. ondagawood

ondagawood Senior Member

dakota - good luck getting it all done.

I'm still waiting for that one bearing for my A/C compressor pulley, hope its here tomorrow !

17. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

snow plow contracts start in 10 days !!!!

18. DakotaDarron

DakotaDarron Member

any body have the stop clock running because I got it allllll DONE last night ill have some pics up later of it without the blade on it ... its absolutly PURRRRING !!!!!!

19. ondagawood

ondagawood Senior Member

I'm ready NOW....... no more squeaks from the engine.

Pulled plow out of shed today, lubed it up, tested it, lights work, got new batteries for remote all we need now is SNOW !

payup:bluebounc

20. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

Did anyone get flooding from the g damn rain we got yesterday?