1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Central Indiana guys, Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mrwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

1. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

Really curious to see what I get in the way of answers. How many times ON AVERAGE do you plow per season with a 2 or 3 inch trigger?Not on the high end or anything just normally? What trigger do you go with? I am thinking from now on of sticking with clients who want 2 inch triggers. Thoughts?

Obviously this year is a bust so far. It is my first year and I am gonna be all right but I sure could use a little bit :)

Z

2. niffen56

niffen56 Junior Member
    from indiana

usually i have two inch triggers, but some i have like a 1 inch trigger because of liability reasons...

3. snowbelt5

snowbelt5 Member

i am located in southwest michigan, and usually get the lake effect plus winter storms, so snowplowing is easily half my yearly income. I would say on average we get around 14-18 2" pushes a year. This year however, well... dont get me started.

4. bocefus78

bocefus78 Junior Member
    from Indiana

Central Indy

Less than ten per year at 2". Ice melt/salt is where the money is here. We get more 1" snows than anything.

5. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

2" plus events would be for last 10 years 7.24 times per season. Past 20 years, past 5 years well what are you willing to pay?

6. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

Thanks for the info gents!

Z