1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Central Indiana Are You Ready 4 Some SNOW

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kipcom, Jan 6, 2010.

1. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Wow...its been a while since I have been on here...How is everyone in central Indiana ?

Scabs - Lowballers :alien: = Shut up stupid...Get your life together !

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

yo ur websites whacked

3. CHCSnowman

CHCSnowman Senior Member
    from Indiana

Hey Kip!! How you doing?? That ticker been treating you ok? I hope we finally get some snow......I could use a little lovin. Take care!

Randy

4. cvwhr

cvwhr Member

are we all ready to get the summer's shine off these blades::laughing::laughing:

5. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Hi Randy..yep, they O'l ticker is doing just fine so far. I am also looking forward to moving some snow tomorrow, its not a big one just enough to keep busy for a bit. So far its been alot of salting but have dropped the blade in a couple places just to get tha feel for it.

L8R

6. horsepowerlawns

horsepowerlawns Member

About time we get some snow here. Its just getting into IN right now.

Nice website.:laughing:

7. CHCSnowman

CHCSnowman Senior Member
    from Indiana

Yeah...I am glad to see some snow coming.

Kip.....I am a nervous mess. I have a new driver going out for his first time plowing........ever!! He is a good friend of mine and needs to work and I have an extra truck I need a driver for, so I figure I will give him a shot.

Any advice on how to teach a new guy? I don't really have any extra large lots I can put him in where he can just learn. I am hoping to like outline a section...and tell him how to do it and then turn him loose....

What you pros think? Give me some advice.

Thanks!

8. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Well its sink or swim time then.....atleast its not a big snow,,,,small amounts are easier to learn the places to plow. If you played in a sand box as a kid then its like riding a bike, just get back on it and go.

9. CHCSnowman

CHCSnowman Senior Member
    from Indiana

So....how is it going for everyone? I survived.....got me a natural.

Hey Kip.....you didnt happen to have a guy run over his plow in Avon(by the KFC) last night did you, lol? I seen a guy looked like he had broke the plow off.....been there!!

10. cvwhr

cvwhr Member

Well we now all have finally got the first decent snow fall. I was able to see how my bussiness partner could handle his first good snow (not bad) he's a natural. He got to learn with 10 ft. blade and 3/4 ton dessiel. We plowed 16.5 hrs. straight and got about 4 hrs of clean up in after that.:gunsfiring::gunsfiring:

11. CHCSnowman

CHCSnowman Senior Member
    from Indiana

CV........I wish I could have plowed 16.5 straight. We got in about 6 hours per truck for all 3 trucks. I could have went a lot more though. We didnt go out until the snow stopped.....all of our lots were full of customers vehicles, so when we did get to start the snow was all packed and nasty :(

12. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Kip - I have a list of LOW BALL MOFO's I'd like to string up and sounds like you do too! Glad to hear all is going well with you!

13. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Time to head south guys !!! Louisville forecast is calling for 7.9"

Randy...Cicle city etc Lets go south Friday afternoon

14. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Forecast for friday Indy area......2-4" :realmad:

Indy Property Care is on >>>>Face Book<<<<

15. awhauling

awhauling Junior Member

Kip better turn on your tv.....I think your getting alot more than that! They are saying 8-10 here in Lafayette!

16. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Yep....latest forecast is for 6-8" freezing rain then the snow :dizzy:

17. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

I can smell it coming up from the south !!!! Hope its not the stinch from":" New-Ah-lens"::

18. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

more snow on the way

19. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

20. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Thanks Doo Man....Happy plowing :waving: