1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Central Illinois

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Gettindirty, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Gettindirty

Gettindirty Member

Seems like we could use our own area for discussion. Peoria, Bloomington, Champaign, Decatur, Danville.

I'm in the Farmer City area. Only two plows, but a bunch of ice. Better than nothing.

A friend of mine in Champaign is sad as he tells me that they have not done much and he does not do ice. Bummer.

2. wilderXJ

wilderXJ Member

Peoria IL

Same here, only had 2 minimal plows before the last few days; I'm in the Peoria area, was out about 3:00 this morning, got a good 4-6", (8-12" in some spots from the wind drifting) Snowing now again, supposed to only drop another 1" though. Last coupple days have been good!payup

3. MowingisMaddnes

MowingisMaddnes Member

Taylorville

Have plows, will travel... Maybe if I pull all of my equipment out of Tville it will snow?

As of 1/14/09, still ZERO plowable events...

4. mustangmike45

mustangmike45 Member

if you weren't so far away I would say come over here and do some sub work for me. We've been out on 18 separate events (including ice) this year! Love the work but need a break.

5. MowingisMaddnes

MowingisMaddnes Member

family

I have family in CR and come there every few weeks if possible. Maybe next year or this year I could take a truck and leave it, so I could plow when I am there....

6. Gettindirty

Gettindirty Member

Since I started it I'll add... 1-2" forcasted. 4-5" actual. Works for me. Was out for almost 24 hrs straight. So far this year only four plows but alot of salt runs. Not a fantastic year but i'm not complaining.

7. Gavins Lawncare

Gavins Lawncare Member

i WANT MORE SNOW

We got about 7 inches the otther day and about 12 since saturday has been a great year so far I have plowed 9 times and salted 23 times hope this stays thi way for two more months. GAVIN

8. Snowplowkid

Snowplowkid Member

We got 7.5 in. yesterday. 3 ft drift in our backyard. -24 tonite.....ya it's fun. No school from 1-14 to 1-20 because of snow days and MLK day Mon.

9. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

this is the start of a good thread i am in princeton we have gotten a lot f snow around here.

10. wilderXJ

wilderXJ Member

just a little

we had 3/4 to 1" mabey, only did a few resies on the bluff that get drifted and few lots. I dont do any salting so not much for me today. Light dusting going on now, don't expect to do anything tonight, so i decided I'll pray to snow gods and i took the plow off when i got of work, it usually works :D

11. MowingisMaddnes

MowingisMaddnes Member

Tville 1/1909

Tville got enough to do about 1/3 of our business customers...at least its a start...

12. wilderXJ

wilderXJ Member

glad you got enough to do something. I could of done handfull of the drivies this morning, but it was so borderline, and with tommrows 40's temps, it wasn't worth it for me.

13. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

We got about a half an inch at most nothing to do at all around here, just waiting for the next one to come hopefully soon. I have been driving the wifes car around needed a break from driving with the plow on all the time its nice to have a little comfort sometimes.

14. illiniplower

illiniplower Member

I have been out only twice so far. First time only 2inches. Second time was 5inches. Lost are two salt accounts this year so very little salting only one other place. I'm in Champaign live in Fisher.

15. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

i think peoria was the farthest the snow has went down for the most part. I had a friend driving through champaign couple nights ago she said it was pretty bad

16. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

hey any of you guys wanna get rid of any salt looking for bagged in chicago

17. Gettindirty

Gettindirty Member

He wants our salt. That's funny. If it was not for the salt runs we would not have had Christmas this year. I can not get anymore either. Call Gunther salt in St. Louis.

18. Gavins Lawncare

Gavins Lawncare Member

looks like snow for u guy to the south

looks like u guy might get snow this week

19. Gettindirty

Gettindirty Member

Not much today a little over the magic 1" trigger for the commercial sites. It stunk though as no snow at 6:30 am went to get ready for church. Come out of the shower and there was a 1/2" . Packed up and left so that I could get a church customer done before 9 am. Then plowed the grocery and the Dollar General with a car every 5 sec. Tonight went to the car lot and there was a car in the middle of the lot and the place to push snow was very tight. That's the way it goes.

Sounds like we are in for a mess south of I-70. That is 75 miles away, boo.

Mark

20. MowingisMaddnes

MowingisMaddnes Member

2 inches

Got 2 inches in about 2 hours on Sunday morning. Believing for another 3 or 4 Monday night...