1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Central Illinois Winter 2010-2011

Discussion in 'Weather' started by JohnnyU, Nov 30, 2010.

1. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Alright guys, it's that time of year again!

Chance of flurries today and tonight, should help get everyone in the Christmas and Winter spirit!! payup

Who's interested in a preseason get together? BWW in East Peoria maybe sometime in the next couple weeks?:drinkup:

2. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

haha that was fast. Just give me a date and time and ill be there

3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

What if it Snows ???
    That day ....

4. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Hey, caught your thread JohnnyU.

I'm game, I need a good excuse to get out of the house.

First year ever though that I hope it doesn't snow at all, last year kicked my butt. No huge storms, but long duration systems that happened over, and over, and over......

5. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Then we'll have to reschedule, or postpone. This is really low-key; just grabbing a bite to eat, discuss plowing/local issues, and hanging out. It's fun to sit around and talk trucks/business. We had one several years ago at Kouri's in Pekin, John (GarageKeeper) came down with some parts, etc. It was a great afternoon.

6. White Gardens

What would be awesome is if we could get enough people together and maybe have some some equipment reps show up too.

7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Glad you took the initiative to start this John!! I'm game of course...BWW's is fine with me. Maybe Dec 10 or 11th?...also theres Dec 17 or 18th. These are both fri/sat dates, which "should" work with most schedules. My only thing is I have commitments with my son that dont get out until 730pm on Mon/Wed/Fri. I would prefer evenings whatever is decided, and any day is good for me other than Sun.....but I would imgine Fri & Sat would work better for most people.

P.S. Funny you mention John's (garagekeeper) name John U, I visited him for a minute 2day while in Chicago and picked up a couple small items from him. John's a nice guy, and always interesting to talk to.

8. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Let's do
    December 11th at 7:00pm at the BWW in East Peoria.
    It's a Saturday night so we should be able to get a decent showing. If it's snowing, we'll obviously reschedule.

I might have found a nice spreader today, but it's all the way over in Des Moines, IA. Maybe it's time for a road trip....

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  9. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

I met with Mike (snocrete) a couple weeks ago and we talked about a meeting as well! Im down for whatever day besides sundays as well. Either one of those dates Mike mentioned above will be perfect. Keep me posted.

10. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

Just saw you posted Dec 11, that will be perfect! Time for wings and beer! Im also trying to find a decent hitch mounted spreader. They are few and far between!

11. squeaky3

squeaky3 Senior Member

well thanks john for the link to here

im a new guy to plowing but i have do know johhnyu in person

i would be down to meet up with everyone local on here

12. White Gardens

Snow Flurries here right now, might be going out in the morning to throw salt. Bloomington was slicker than snot in places around 6:30pm.

Anyone else getting any snow right now?

13. squeaky3

squeaky3 Senior Member

just a lil snow flurries all day...but it has been mostly that icy lil stuff and its not sticking to anything really here

14. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Sounds great! Its official! Looks as though we may have a few more showing up this year John?

Few flurries here right now.....Probably gonna make a late night run for site checks...got a few low tolerance accounts that may need some spot salting, I doubt much needs done though.

15. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

cool ill be there might be alittle late tho, got something going from 5-7 hopefully ill get out alittle early an be on time since ill already be in peoria

16. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Just flurries up here, not hardly enough to call "snow". I'll still check things over early in the AM though just to be sure.

17. White Gardens

I just got a call telling me to throw salt in the morning. Looks like the start to the season is here.

18. turn54

turn54 Senior Member

count me in on the get together. Looking to meet fellow plowers in the area. Snocrete knows me. (he buys his concrete from me).

19. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Didn't need to salt this morning, oh well.

Looks like a nice little GTG turnout so far:
    JohnnyU
    snocrete
    Fatality
    White Gardens
    JDWalkbehind
    turn54

20. awddsm1

awddsm1 Senior Member

Count me in too... Love to meet some local guys!!