1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Central IL winter???

Discussion in 'Weather' started by RCsLawncare, Nov 13, 2009.

1. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Whats the central IL weather looking for this year? Looked on a couple of places and they all seem to be unknown. Any hints or predictions?

2. pwill50

pwill50 Junior Member

Wish I knew the answer to that. Looks like we could get a little snow tonight into the morning but it has been so warm I doubt it will amount to anything much. But if the last couple of years are any example of what winter will be like around herr it will be ice and more ice.:drinkup:

3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

70% chance of flurries 2nite, and 40% 2moro.....I dont think we will see much if anything, its to warm........some predictions I have seen, say average precip and below average temps for the midwest over the course of the winter.....but who knows? I dont invest to much in the long term forecasts, anything can happen.

4. MowingisMaddnes

MowingisMaddnes Member

Dec 2

A few inches of wet snow are now possible for central and southern IL for Wednesday night December 2! I am not ready yet!!!

5. MowingisMaddnes

MowingisMaddnes Member

Measurable snow likely north of I-72 for Tuesday Dec 8.

6. JLL25

JLL25 Member
    from Chatham

They don't know, they never do....

I'm just outside Springfield and the weather channel says I'm looking at mostly just rain, the radio has been telling me 1-3" snow tomorrow night. I wish the local guys would be right, I wish we'd get a couple at least. I'm sure it'll end up being rain and lots of it. Stupid damn warm weather.....

7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

just looked at the radar, and it appears to be moving in already? Forcast mentioned snow starting in the morning and lasting throughout the day into the evening? up to 6 or 7 inches. This could be a good one for us, there was also heavy winds predicted.

8. Thomas.Creation

Thomas.Creation Member

I love it. Every year I have a few people call the day before a storm and ask if I can take care of their snow this winter. Let it SNOW!

9. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Here we go boys....

Two days in a row so far, and looking to be a third tonight/tomorow. :D

10. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Dont you just love that....hope everything is going good for you. Be safe.

I did some salting this am....but the storm dosent seem to be tracking (at this point) like I thought it would?....I hate to say it, but it looks as though alot of it is going north? I hope we get enough to do a full run. Take care John, maybe we'll cross paths later. I'll be keeping an eye out for ya.

11. JLL25

JLL25 Member
    from Chatham

Like I said rain and lots of it...

12. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Have patience guys, our winter storm trend will move in soon. When it does, be ready for it. Based on the amount of moisture we've had so far this year, we might be in for a decent amount of snow this winter!

13. JLL25

JLL25 Member
    from Chatham

Yeah I was counting on the precip continuing through the winter. Just hope every time I get precip it doesnt warm up a few degrees and become rain. I know, I know, winter is just starting here...but still this is the time of year that all of us with families to support could use that extra profit that comes with a good push.

I'm all set to go though. New truck, new plow, new spreader....I'm really eager to see how my truck does. Its got a Cummins and I've never pushed with a diesel.

Looks like there is a slight chance at the end of the extended forecast.

LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW!!!

14. MowingisMaddnes

MowingisMaddnes Member

Up to two inchs tonight

15. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Where at in central IL are you at? I keep hearing only 1 inch?

16. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

You'll love it. When i stepped up from my 1991 regular cab with a 350 gas to my 2004 quad cab CTD, it was like plowing and sitting in my Lazyboy. I have no idea how I crammed myself into that regular cab for all those years.

I put the plow on tonight on the way home from work. If it scares it away so be it, but at least I'm ready to go! :drinkup:

17. JLL25

JLL25 Member
    from Chatham

I dont know where you Illinois guys are all from but I'm just outside Springfield and we're only supposed to get "less than 1 inch slushy accumulation" according to the Weather Channel. News channel 20 says 1-2.....

You know several times this summer I've gotten rained on ALL DAMN day when there was only a 30% chance of rain...I wish that could happen with the snow....1-2 inches actually becomes like 6 or more!

I'm loaded up and ready to go though.

Talked to my big account today, a C store chain, and they said start AT 2" not before and no salt even if we do get that 1" of slush and then it freezes.

18. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

Friday Night, Dec 18

Low: 24 °F RealFeel®: 14 °F
    Considerable cloudiness with snow, accumulating an inch or two

Saturday, Dec 19

High: 34 °F RealFeel®: 17 °F
    Mostly cloudy and breezy with some snow, accumulating an additional 1-2 inches

19. JLL25

JLL25 Member
    from Chatham

Everyone keeping an eye on this stuff moving in tuesday?

Looks like its gonna be rain and melting snow as usual to me!

20. MowingisMaddnes

MowingisMaddnes Member

Sounds like that is what we are going to get all week long and a few thunderstorms!