1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Central IL 2015/2016 winter

Discussion in 'Weather' started by snocrete, Oct 3, 2015.

1. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Bout that time again.....

2. awddsm1

awddsm1 Senior Member

If anybody is looking for more work in the metamora/Germantown/Washington area let me know. Backing off this year.

3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

backing off completely?...or just some?

4. Robinson_Cnst

Robinson_Cnst Senior Member

Checking in :drinkup:

Ive already started getting things ready, hoping to add another newer truck to the fleet this year wesport

5. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

6. awddsm1

awddsm1 Senior Member

I'm keeping about 25% of what I have been doing.

7. Ben C

Ben C Junior Member

Planned on changing hydraulic fluid today, but apparently the wife thought my honey do list was more important.

8. snocrete

snocrete Banned

oh ya? What kind? Been a while since we've talked, but did I tell you we got a 450 dump?

gotchya.....Unless 1 of my guys steps up to the plate and assumes some more responsibility (w/compensation for doing so, of course), I wont be looking to pick up any more snow work.

I hear ya! We're farther behind than normal, as far as winter prep is concerned...but we've also had an exceptionally busy year with our other work.

9. turn54

turn54 Senior Member

Well It's November. Guess it's time to start getting my head in the game. Not much change for me this year. Might have another truck or two going, but maybe have a skid and backhoe looking for work. We will see. Rob let me know if there's any of your old customers still looking for somebody. I should be able to help.

10. awddsm1

awddsm1 Senior Member

Steven, if it's ok with you, I'll just pass your name and number on.

Depending on timing, I may be able to help out if somebody local gets in a pinch or we get a monster storm.

11. FreitagSS

FreitagSS Junior Member

I figured I had a day free so I started pulling equipment out of my shed. First plow I hooked up and it would only angle right. I was hoping to hook up and go this year Silly me. Been a pretty busy year for me and the grass seems to still be growing! I'm actually asking a few customers if I can mow again even though it's November!

12. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Got a 12' Pro-tech pusher for sale that I need to get rid of ASAP.

Motivated to sell.

If you guys know anyone that needs one, let me know.

13. oakwood1

oakwood1 Member

Haven't been on here for a while, I think Mike is about the only guy I've talked to in the past year or so. Was in a pretty bad car accident, left me using a wheelchair for pretty much the long term foreseeable future. Hoping/ready to get back at this year though. Going to get my plow truck adapted to drive and looking at maybe picking up a new skid.

14. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Good to hear Steve! Hope you had a good year this yr! You guys still doing BPS in EP?

15. oakwood1

oakwood1 Member

Yea Mike we still got it. Been a pretty hectic year or so with all my stuff going on. I wasn't around work as much as I'd like to have been but I still got out and did a lot mowing. We had quite a few nice size retaining walls and patios this year. I've pretty much done about as much work as I can for the season so for right now I'm focusing on my therapy and hunting until the snow flies and hopefully then I'll be sitting in a nice new cozy skid.

16. Dawdy Services

Dawdy Services Senior Member

Hello every one hope you all have had a good summer

17. Dawdy Services

Dawdy Services Senior Member

snow

is everyone ready if we get some snow Saturday?

18. snocrete

snocrete Banned

No, but will make due :dizzy: I'm hoping its just a salt run....grounds temps are awfully warm still for much to stick, but the temp dropping through the day 2moro, might warrant some salting at a few particular places we do

19. awddsm1

awddsm1 Senior Member

Don't worry. I threw the plow on the truck and everything worked, so I doubt we'll see much of anything. If it was broke, we'd get 4" min.

20. snocrete

snocrete Banned

lol....thanks...I feel much better now