1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Central Il 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Dawdy Services, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Dawdy Services

Dawdy Services Senior Member

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were for this winter the farmers almanac as well as some forecasters are saying lots of snow up to 50% more than last year

2. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I heard that it's predicted worse that last year

3. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

Prepare for the worst hope for the best.

4. MowingisMaddnes

MowingisMaddnes Member

From I-70 to I-74, I predict 6 inches of snow for every game the St. Louis Rams manage to win.
    From I-74 North, I predict 6 inches of snow for every game the Chicago Bears manage to win.
    How you like those apples???

5. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

Soooooooooooo what you trying to say your predicting less than 6" of snow north of I-74

6. awddsm1

awddsm1 Senior Member

Seems like every time they predict a big winter it turns out to be a bust... at least the last few years at least. I'll let you know in March what the winter will be like.

7. Dawdy Services

anyone getting their stuff ready yet?

8. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I agree

Not really, but need to..probably start picking away next week. Contracts, for the most part, are done. Equipment wise, nothings been touched...Plus we still need to build an additional salt bin, take delivery of more bulk salt, get some pallets of bagged material, etc, etc :dizzy:

9. BIG NICKY

BIG NICKY Member

i started pulling the plow apart to replace the lift ram seals and the cylinder itself (western):mechanic:

10. Robinson_Cnst

Robinson_Cnst Senior Member

We've made a good addition to the fleet with a T250 Bobcat and a BOSS 10 pusher. Also picked up a set of pallet forks from snowcrete last night to move our pallets around. Took delivery of 17 pallets of ice melt also.
    Other than regular truck maintenance and a few small repairs I'm ready to roll.

11. Robinson_Cnst

Mike and I talked last night about a pre season gtg. Any interest in doing this again I say we meet in east peoria area again.

12. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I'm game...just no shock top for me this time...I'll stick with my usual lol.:drinkup:

13. Dawdy Services

Yes let me know when and where I would like to met you all

14. turn54

turn54 Senior Member

I'm up for a gtg

15. Robinson_Cnst

Lets shoot for friday November 7th. Silver Bullet in East Peoria again?

16. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Sounds good to me. I'll call Nicks (white gardens) wife and see if he can come:waving:...

17. snocrete

snocrete Banned

"November 7th. Silver Bullet in East Peoria" ----- so is this the plan? Whos going?

18. Dawdy Services

hope it is in the evening

19. FreitagSS

FreitagSS Junior Member

I've been wanting to make one of these gtg's for a few years now but they seem to always end up on my shift day at work. One of these times I'll make it.

20. snocrete

snocrete Banned

It will be...probably 5 or 6ish??? Most of us work ya know ;)

call in sick