1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Central IL 2013/2014 winter season

Discussion in 'Weather' started by snocrete, Sep 22, 2013.

1. snocrete

snocrete 2000 Club Member

Weather has been so nice this yr, its hard to think about snow yet.....but its coming. Any predictions?

BTW, I think Nick still owes me a pitcher from last yrs predictions...:drinkup:

2. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

I'm going to say a average winter

3. snocrete

I'd be fine with that

4. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Do I?????

Crap.

I know Steve owes me one. Might have to get it from him. :laughing:

I posted this in the old thread, thanks for letting me know there was a new one. :gunsfiring:

Got tires and rims for the Ford. Treadwright's "The Claw". They should make a difference.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  5. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

let me know how you like the treadwrights nick.

6. White Gardens

Will do.

I'm expecting good results and expectations though. They look great from a quality standpoint.

That and 4-wheeler magazine did a great article and testing on them and really liked them over-all.

That and almost 1/3 of the price over brand new, I hope they are awesome!

7. White Gardens

My Brother-In-Law in Champaign has also been running them on one of his trucks. Had them for 2 years. He said that he now has one that is looking "suspect" but he also has the older style with just a new cap and not the bead to bead re-tread like I got.

Over-all he has been super happy with them for use around town in the summer and the traction in the winter.

8. snocrete

tires look like they will be a HUGE improvement over whats on there! Matching rims to your signage also I see....that should stand out! That reminds me, next rain day(lol), I need to paint the snow tire rims for the new skid.

As for the pitcher(s), you & steve can both buy 1 each and I'll help you guys drink them. Sound good? Just give me a date, time, & place:drinkup:

9. White Gardens

Ha! You said rain day.......

10. awddsm1

awddsm1 Senior Member

Rain? What is this rain stuff you speak of?

I know I'm ready for the weather to change, but not sure I'm ready for the snow just yet...

11. White Gardens

12. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

I should be able to make it

13. snocrete

X's 2.....just keep me posted what day your going Nick. I'd feel sorry for anyone that passes out at my shop:D

14. White Gardens

Don't we have a wall to build? Been trying to call you.

15. MowingisMaddnes

MowingisMaddnes Member

contracts sent

Got all my contracts sent out this week. Learned my best and largest client is bidding me out this year:( Not sure what to do...hold my prices or lower them...client acted like low bid would get it! What a joke. I have been serving with client for over ten years...never had a major complaint or problem in over ten years...

16. White Gardens

It's all about the money unfortunately. Having it for ten years is pretty good in our cut-throat economy. Feel lucky......

Bid it like you normally would, if they don't take it, then it's the other suckers loss. Just hope it's not Blackshore that gets it.

17. snocrete

Just found out I'm losing another one of my better shovelers tonight....that's 2 that I'm losing due to their regular job changing to something that wont allow them to help on snow this yr. Really sucks because I already needed a couple new guys this yr, but now I need 2 more on top of that. So if anybody knows of anyone looking for some winter work, PLEASE let me know!

18. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

Nick that whiskey was so good! mmmmmm apple pie

19. snocrete

WTF! Wheres mine:mad:

20. White Gardens

OMG! (lol) your shop is 1/4 mile from where you can pick it up!

They now have a Peach whiskey at 80 proof also. :drinkup:

And don't forget the corn whiskey at 100 proof.

http://www.jkwilliamsdistilling.com/home.php