1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Central IL, 2011-2012 Snow Thread!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by White Gardens, Aug 27, 2011.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Thought I'd get the ball rolling early this year. Winter can't come soon enough. It's been a hot dry one, and I could use a break from the summer work.

Hope I see the usual faces!

Good luck this season guys.

2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Thanks Nick!!...Its definitely been a hot one this year. Been working on a few new snow contracts recently, put 2gether a dedicated salt truck, and just picked up another wideout the other day. Pics to come soon.

Hope everyones summer is going well!

3. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

hey all hope your summer has benn good just way to frickin hot lateley.AC in house has been on since june every day, all though won't lie I tried to turn it off but just got to darn hot in house again. Thumbs Up Hey Nick :salute: Hey SNOCRET did you buy OLDDOGGs wideout????

4. White Gardens

The heat hasn't been so bad except for those few really hot weeks we had. I still hear stories from the old-timers around the area that talk about 1939(?methinks) and how they had many many days over 105 throughout the spring and summer.

What gets to me is the constant sun shine. No cloudy days to speak of and the sun is almost torture if you aren't working in the shade.

Things have gone good-great this year for me. Slowly expanding, tons of calls, and finally hired on a guy. I'm almost ready to hire another person, but this late in the season and the way my work comp is set up, I'm just going to power through to the end.

Good to see ya back Mike! :salute:, and good to see you too DIRISHMAN! :salute: Hope you guy's summer has been successful!

5. White Gardens

Plow Truck

Thinking I need to get a second truck this season. Anyone know of a cheap plow truck for sale for my newbie.

Just for small lots, possible help on a big lot, and to haul around a snow-blower. Just need something cheap so he can get some good experience in before I upgrade my PU/work truck and put a plow on it.

Thanks Guys!

6. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Thanks DIRISHMAN...you got AC in your mixer? Most of the drivers here dont it seems. And I think my houses AC has been on since late April:dizzy:

No I did not buy olddogs....I generally like buying new.

Here's a couple pics of my new one. Got about 630lbs in the bed in these pics, but will be keeping closer to 8-900lbs in the bed when the season actually gets rolling. Also still need to put my wing edges on (thanks Jerre).

Attached Files:

7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Dont know of any trucks specifically, but know of a good plow for sale.

8. White Gardens

Got a link or info to your plow?

9. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Its the poly 7.5 meyer we ran on our old blazer(retired). The plow is in great shape, has a steel edge on it that is in good shape, a poly edge that is at least 1/2 life remaining, & prowings.

You still have my #?.....if so, and if your interested, just give me call.

BTW, I drove through Danvers a couple weeks ago on my way to the airport, and saw your truck sitting just off the main drag....is that your place that sits on the corner?

10. White Gardens

I think I still have your number, PM me it again anyway to make sure I do.

Yep, that's the little place I call home. I really need to try and do more landscaping around it but I've been so busy that I haven't had time. The back-door area around the tree and sign look good, but the west side of the house is pretty blank.

I store all my crap just north of town.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  11. awddsm1

awddsm1 Senior Member

I was wondering when this was going to pop up... started looking for a new thread a couple weeks ago! Summer has been really hot and DRY...

White - I actually am trying to sell my 90 plow truck with the 7.5 meyer on it. I've got an add on Peoria craigslist for it, but can get you more info via PM later this evening...

12. White Gardens

That would be sweet. PM me your info on the truck and we'll go from there.

13. snocrete

snocrete Banned

pm sent

Good to see you back here Rob! Hope you've been having a good summer!

14. awddsm1

awddsm1 Senior Member

Not a bad summer by any means, but I definitely like the cooler weather better... Can't wait until fall/winter.

Maybe we should think about a GTG well before we all get busy with prep work for the winter.

15. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Hey SnowCrete to answer your question our RIG's Have AC and Radio's air ride seat But i stilll mlike my old ride 1995 mack now I drive a 2008 mack Old one takes more of a beatin than the damn newer one crap hit a bump in the road the wrong way and the light go out or the computerr acts up or side ladder falls and gets bent,ect.ect.ect.:dizzy: Oh yeah nice plow and rigsThumbs Up

16. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

While I'm no longer any level of competition for you guys, I'll still hang around and post from time to time.:jester:

I just blasted and refinished the mower deck on my old JD, hoping to start on the blade in the next couple of weeks. I'm picking up a blower attachment for it as well. I'll be busy just in my own neighborhood! payup

17. Thomas.Creation

Thomas.Creation Member

Hi all. Mike, new truck looks good. John, your old 210 deere ran great all summer. My old man almost killed himself on it but thats a story for the next g2g. (his fault, bad driver)

18. turn54

turn54 Senior Member

hey everybody, good to see everybody's coming back to life. Nothing substantial new with me. Hope to see everybody at the gtg once planned
    Stephen

19. White Gardens

Turn! Good to see you back.

We'll need to talk shop soon. I'm still wanting to try a liquid setup on my truck this year.

20. snocrete

snocrete Banned

its almost oct, and we are usually pressed to get everything done by Nov 1. So since my life isnt stress filled enough, I figured a few more projects to complete b4 the season starts would help. Here's a couple pics of 2 things we are getting ready to start - refurb on 1 of the pushers, and repairing/modifying an old 8ft meyer w/prowings (for a skid steer) I picked up the other day.

Attached Files: