1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

central hydrolics

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by JD657757, Dec 5, 2008.

1. JD657757

JD657757 Junior Member

Has anyone ever installed this system on one of their trucks. How was it easy or hard. any advice would be appreciated. I can buy the spreader and all parts for 4500.

2. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

that sounds really cheap. install is alot of work and you will have to make custom hoses for your truck.I just picked up an electric snow ex tailgate replacement spreader for $5000 and it works pretty well. you might want to go that route. how much do you spread?

3. JD657757

JD657757 Junior Member

I get a discount because i am buying the parts through a company my dad works for. Every storm this truck will spread about 10 tons.

4. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

go for it I love my central systems. look for a kit that replaces the serpintene to power the hydro intsead of additional belts (less noise, never needs adjustmentand haventever had one break) also i use only flush style quick couplers for the spreader. dont go cheap with the hoses spend the money as cheap ones will fail and leave you with a mess.