1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

central hydrolics

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Tracy89, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

How do these work. i understand that you have to have a pump to move the fluid bit to u just have one pump and T it off into how many lines you have to use. I would like to put a system on my truck that a could use for my plow and my dump trailer. i.e. Have a hydrolic reserve (5 gallons of hydro fluid in a tank mounted in my tool box) run a line with lever to my lift ram on my plow, line to angle my plow, and a line to my rear bumper with a quick connect to be able to use on my dump trailer. I no that this would be possible just not sure how it work. Id really like to make this my self instead of buy a central system.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

do you want it to have its own engine or are you trying to run this off of a belt driven pump off the motor or off a PTO off the trans/t-case? Your dump trailer doesn't already have its own system in place? In any case, that will not be a small project no matter how you look at it!

3. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

My trailer is just a frame know. Im looking to put a second from on top with hinge on the end, buy a ram for it and run hydrolic line to the ram. I dont no how i want to run the hydrolics of it. This was the reason for asking. I dont no how to get the pressure from the tank to the attachments so to speak. How do these pumps work. one line from hydro reserve tank to pump and then distributed from branching lines off outlet of pump? I understand that its not going to be a small project. Not looking for somthing that is going to be done in a couple of hours. Im going to be refurbishing my truck this summer and was interested in putting somthing like this on it.