1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Central Hydrolics

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by soilmover, Aug 12, 2003.

1. soilmover

soilmover Member

Can anyone HELP??
    I need to set-up 4-6 trucks with central hydrolics.
    The local shops here want about 4000.00 -4500.00 each unit give or take a few dollars . I live in the high rent Northern New Jersey area. I want to find a shop that can install all my central hydrolic needs one unit at a time. At a normal price.I will travel to eastern PA, low NY etc. Any place with in a 2-3 hour drive. Does anyone know any shops that might fit this bill??? Please Help! Thanks

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

If you were willing to come to Maine, I could give you a couple of good leads.

3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

You can try Dutchess County Diesels, in Millerton , N.Y. I don't know about their pricing but they set up some of the trucks for the towns here.

Another place to try is A&M Truck Sales in Milford, Pa.

4. soilmover

soilmover Member

Thanks Mick and Pelican

Mick i'm in Maine 8-10 times a year. Long ride for a truck shop.
    But, not to long for good fly fishing. I was just up to Maine for 10 days last week.

Pelican I will try those leads.

5. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

6. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Get a tractor trailer with flat bed, load up with 2 or 3 trucks (depending on the size), drive up to Maine, drop off the trucks and flatbed at the shop, then go to your vacation home. By the time you are done with vacation, come back and pick up your trucks and head home. :D

7. soilmover

soilmover Member

Mick, good thought. The problem is we can not loose more than one truck at a time. We do Landscaping during the off snow season. Last year would not have been a problem to loose 2-3 trucks for a week. This year our work load is to high to loose more than one truck at a time. On most days this year i could have used 1-2 more trucks.

Snowjoker, thanks for the CPW link. Buying the parts maybe a way to save a little. The larger cost is LABOR around here.
    For example a lawn mower shop around here charges $105.00
    per shop hour.We do not use them. But it is not to far from the norm.

8. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

105 an hour are you serious??:eek: WOW That is rediculous in my book. Around here they get 40-50 an hour. I hope you can find a cost effective way to get set up.

9. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Soilmover, did you check with Bristol down your way? I see a lot of trucks come from there, if they were too crazy in price, they wouldn't sell any.

10. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

A lot of the time truck setup around here is set price.

There is a place off I-80 just into PA. I cannot remeber the name though. Maybe someone on the site will know the one I am thinking of.

I would also think that if the trucks will be basically the same that you could get some sort of bulk deal. 4-6 trucks means a good amount of work and sales for the installer.

11. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

CT, do you mean 84 instead of 80? That's the one I referenced in my earlier post.

12. soilmover

soilmover Member

Thanks guys for the Central Hydraulic INFO.

We are looking into using Dejana in NY on the island. Has anyone used them? I know they have a big shop.We are also looking into a shop over the NY border. Any other thoughts on shops that quote this work?:help:

13. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I see a lot of trucks here from Dejana. I think they must do a lot of dealer work. It is a trade off, a big shop may have a cheaper price but less personal relationship. A smaller shop will let you go through the installation but often has a higher price.

14. soilmover

soilmover Member

:D Thanks guys for the help. I'm going with a local shop for all the work. They came in at good numbers and i made the deal.