1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

central hydrolic , joystick , cable problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by elite1msmith, Dec 27, 2008.

1. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

if there is anyone with alot of experiance, please let me know

the cable that connects to the joystick lever assembly , somehow unscrewed it self

do i need to disconnect thecable at the valve body to pull enough lenght through to rescrew it? i basicly had to disassemble the entire thing,and im not having the best of luck

is there a special tool i need?

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

what type of plow?

3. elite1msmith

from chicago

the plow has nothing to do with it

its a western uni mount, but this is in regaurds to a central hydro system , nothing except the physical blade it self is western related

4. elite1msmith

from chicago

stilll looking for a little help on this one... ill take pics if it will help

5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

i do not believe you have ti remove the other end of the cable ,pull the slack back out if any be careful not to shift the valve ,should be a small nut attached to the end that screw's to the control, then reattach the bonnet .:salute:

6. elite1msmith

from chicago

yes the small nut is still there, but it seems the bonnet? or cover around the cabl doesnt disconnect, and when the control is in the nuetral position , the nut is basicly covered up , by the part it screw into

the olny way i was able , was to pull the cable with pliers , then get a wrench on it... but i could only turn it so fare until there wasnt enought clearence to get the wrench in

i didnt see a way to remove the sheilding (proper name?)

so basicly i reattached it , but since its not full screwed in , i can only move the control lever one dirrection, the restictions on the lever itself prevent it from moving since its not screwed in all the way

the only way i could think of was to disconnect it at the valve body , to give slack pn the cable... then screw it in fully , and reconnect

iv never had to mess with these before , so im kinda winging it