1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

central hydro

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Jay brown, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i took the dump bed off of my f 800 and going to install our v box. now i'll have to move the hydro tank (L shaped) that sits on the frame and L's up the back of the cab. i would like to lower the the tank apx 8", so the main part of the tank will be under the frame and i can make room for the V box to sit on the truck frame. my ? is does the tank (or fluid level) need to be above the hydro pump. the hydro pump sits about 50" off the ground.
  2. midwestsnowguy

midwestsnowguy Member
    from midwest

it does not need to be, but your pump will work a litle harder, and you need to watch your levels.
  3. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

you'll be fine midwest is right your pump will work harder but you'll never know it, i have a loader that the tank is so low in the machine that it presurizes the tank with air to help the pump out but it's like a 2" pump so you will have no prob.

if you completely break the system open and the pump loses prime you may have to take a air blowgun and cover the fluid fill with your hand and help get it primed