1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Central hydraulics

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by PITCH, Jan 17, 2009.

1. PITCH

PITCH Member
    from hamburg

My ih dump has central hydraulics

the plow won't raise or angle. When you try to angle and raise the fluid comes out of the cap through the breather on the reservoir tank. Any thoughts?????????

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

no work

how's the oil level .sound like some thing is aerating the oil . is the oil getting hot ? clutch pump /gear pump off the trans ?:confused:

3. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

same exact thing happened on mine the other day. I had moisture in the system, I changed my oil and filter and put a water seperator filter on it. Mine works good now.

4. ARW

ARW Junior Member
    from Indiana

Return line

Had this happen a couple weeks ago with a spreader. Try cracking the lines and see if air come out. Check fluid levels and see if water is freezing in one of the cylinders. If it dead heads it will make the pump lug down and a high pitch squeal. If the fluid will not cycle it will over flow the tank because of the return line and the pressure relief port. Hope this helps.