1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

central hydraulics with a vee?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bossplowguy, Dec 16, 2008.

1. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

I was curious to see if anyone has ever plowed with a truck equipped with central hydros and a vee and if there are pros or cons. I have a straight blade now and have have found a couple central hydro v's by me, I would have to add another lever in the cab. It looks to be a pita to operate one, just hate for all those lines and levers to go to waste. BTW the plows are pretty cheap.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I love my Vee plow. It's a Fisher XV, electric of course. It's very easy to operate, and my controller has eight buttons. Three levers would actually be much easier, IMO. In fact, i have considered creating a controller with three toggle switches. Have to wait for my warranty to run out first, I guess.

I hope to have a decent ton truck by next season. Central hydraulics are my first project.

3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

your completelty misunderstanding what he means

yes i have run them , it depends what kinda of lots you have , but yeah PITA. just to angle th eplow you need to move two levers... and i personally hate moving just one... the joystick is much easier on a long night

you could look into , how muc h would it cost to add an electronic valvebox .... or possibly some creative hydro pluming could make it easier

4. bossplowguy

I figured it would be a pain. The guy that is operating the truck thinks it will be fine. I am tempted just to look for a boss v to match the other ones i got. The 2 central hydro v's are mvp's....I am just not a big fan of western (the only thing thats nice about em is the removable recievers), but like i had said earlier the price on them is right.

5. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i think you could change out the valve box , with a stock western one , and add an electronic valve in place of the plow soilnoid.... but it would be pricy ,

I just hate moving big levers around all night, i couldnt imagine moving 3

Are these ulta mounts? or uni mount? i assume ultra?

6. bossplowguy

yah, ultra mount. I think i am just going to order a 9.2 boss vee and forget about it. This plow is the only western out of 3