1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Central Hydraulics, school me please

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by cotter, Oct 17, 2010.

1. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

I have a 88 F700 with a dump bed and PTO hydraulics. I found a plow blade set up for truck hydraulics. Can this combination somewhat easily be combined? I have some hydraulic repairs under my belt but not 'design' or fabrication.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Chad

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

tough question without more info. if you can get the plow on the truck the hyds should be easy. how many couplers/hyd lines go to the front of the truck? then how many on the plow? what type of controls? electric?

maybe a picture would save some words.

3. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

I have nothing to the front of the truck currently. I have the PTO lever and the dump lever. I would assume that I could split off ahead of the dump valve, have pressure there and control it thru valves either mechanical or electric???
    I guess it does not matter the guy sold the blade today. One of those deals where I should have dropped everything, bought the plow, then figured it out.
    Thanks Chad