1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Central hydraulics for an F-350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by rtm038, Aug 27, 2006.

1. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Hello all,
    I'm thinking of doing an central hydraulics set-up on my '06 F-350 with a 6.0 PSD to run either a new v-plow or Blizzard 8611. Anyone do a central hydraulic system on a 6.0 PSD before?

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

I looked in to having central added to my 04 F350, ( my goal was to install a tailgate spreader) the system installed on the motor, runs off of fan belt, $5800.00 + the cost of tailgate 2900/3900 extra, now i am looking into the electric tailgate spreaders,
  3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i would try to put a pto system on first (wouldn't fit on ours). we are in the process of putting a central unit on our 91 f 350 now, the bid hasn't came in yet but he said it should be in the neighborhood of $2000 labor and parts.sounds cheep compaired to other prices i've heard. of course it sounds about right because things are about twice as high in the upper north east compared to the poor ways of the midwest.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2006
  4. Jay brown

correction, got the quote today and it came to a few pennies over $4k this includes an ELECTRIC dual spreader control valve ($1400)
  5. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

I have been running belt drive pump for undertail gate spreader on my F-450 PSD for the past three Winters. It cost me just over $5,000.00 for the set up Pump and spreader. All I can say is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in return. Not one problem. Works every time and put down lots of salt.

I am so HAPPY with the set up I am kept awake night thinking of the next why I can invest $5K to make the money I have just doing salt out of this truck it is sick.......

I will NEVER even think of ANY other set up for a truck this size.
  6. Jay brown

i hear you loud and clear!!!! just not sure if i want to put over $4k into the 91 when the small gas powered unit i have works great. i'm thinking of putting the $4k into an older f700 or kodiak that already has a wet kit. plus i measured out the 9' swenson i have and it is closer to a 5 yard unit probably 6 yard rounded. just a little too big for a f 350. some day i'll have my "big boy" spreader going and i'll post pics, untill then i'll play around with my little half pint swenson.
  7. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Thanks for the replies everyone!! Sorry for the delay in responding, but I didn't notice that my original post had gotten moved.

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Yep, I have 3 of them. Work awesome except when the dealer screwed up one pump when they changed out 4 injectors.

PTO's won't work on Fords for plowing and\or salting. As soon as you touch the brake, the PTO shuts off. Stupid engineers. :realmad: