1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Central Hydraulic Valve Leaking

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Catalano, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Catalano

Catalano Junior Member

I have a 1992 International 4700. It has the DTA 360 engine. Automatic.

The valve body does multiple fuctions... spreader, dump... front plow... auger...

Leaking from the top of the valve body.... there are some plastic caps that once you remove them... there is a bolt... not sure if there is a O ring there that can be replaced or what...

anyone who knows about central hydraulics please chime in and give me some advice or if you need to ask me some questions I would be happy to try and explain better...

thanks in advance.

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

leak

sounds like a o-ring is going out .if there is a tag with the valve number on it and you have a understanding truck equipment dealer near you see if they can identify it ,to see what o-rings are in there maybe they have a exploded view .some picture's may be necessary,if it can come apart easily enough you fan size them up ,some times they get hard and they surface that the rod rides on gets squared .ussmileyflag

3. muskoka sandman

muskoka sandman Junior Member

Sound like a o-ring for sure, could be coming from one of the spools inside or if it is a sectional valve body could be between the sections. I would make sure all the fittings are tight before taking apart.

4. Catalano

Catalano Junior Member

Does the whole valve have to be removed and all the lines going to it in order to take it apart and access if it needs an o ring to be changed?