1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Center Pin is up about a 2 inches

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by rabbitman111, Jan 23, 2014.

1. rabbitman111

rabbitman111 Junior Member

My center pin is out about 2 inches. Tried pounding it back in will not go! Any tricks to get it back in would be greatly appreciated!

2. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

What model plow?

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Jack stand up under the frame first,Try and wiggle it a little, Bolt broke on it?

4. rabbitman111

The bolt that bolts it down is gone! I tried with it on the truck, no luck. Its a 9,2 poly rt3 mount

5. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Bottom eye on the blade is out of alignment. May need to be bent back. You probably need another pair of hands and a big pry bar

6. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Lift the plow up and bang a drift pin in from the bottom and it should realign,t hen hammer the pin down,it will push the drift out. If you don't have one just grind a piece of round stock to a point. If it's real bad pull out the torches, it will wear out quickly if it's under a lot of tension.

7. rabbitman111

Thanks for the info back in and ready to roll for this weekend!

8. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Lost my bolt for the second time, thankfully the pin stayed put. Straightened out the tab and re bolted it with blue threadlock. Also got a cool nozzle for my grease gun and forced some grease in the pin holes. Anything else i should grease? Cant see a way to get grease on the trip pivot pin

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You could tack weld it too.

10. Jakedaawg

Jakedaawg Senior Member
    from N. Mi

Is there a torque spec for the bolt that holds the tab down?

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Grease the pins the light tower and A-frame pins. You will have to just grease as there is no grease fittings but it will help wear.

12. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

You'll have to remove the plow, loosen the bottom 4 springs, and wiggle it back in. I recommend welding the nut to the bolt so it won't come loose.