1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Center console ideas?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Chrisxl64, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Well after about the 3rd cup full of change spilling I was angry, after the first dip spitter nearly spilling I knew I had to look into other options in the dump truck.

Right now It has the Bench with the fold down "console" has anyone yanked this thing out, and replaced it with something that is actually useable? I have like ZERO storage and I LIVE out of my truck.,....any body got any ideas.

2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have the solid bench or the 40/20/40 with individual sections? If you have the 40/20/20 split bench, look into an 08+ center console, they pop up on ebay regularly, and from what I've heard, they bolt right in. If you have the solid bench, I feel for you. I just upgraded the vinyl bench in my XL superduty to the split bench with the fold-down center console and it's night and day difference. Keep an eye on craigslist, I found a full set of cloth seats out of an XLT crew cab for $200.

3. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

I have the 40/20/40,,,and it still sucks

4. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Guess I don't mind the fold down deal. They do move around a little bit though. One of my trucks I actually run the center seat belt up and over it with the cover open and buckled it in tight. Works good and the cover still opens and closes fine and the belt keeps the console from shaking around too much.

If that doesn't work for you, look into an 08+ console, they bolt right in.

5. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

god i miss my captains chairs that were in my pick up

6. Montosi82

Montosi82 Member

I had the same problem in my chevy. I got a center console out of a suburban of the same year. Better storage and cupholders. The suburban was totaled but the interior was perfect. I havn't done this to a ford but check your local salvage yards or ebay. Havn't spilled a coffee since! good luck