1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

center caps for wheels?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PremierLand, Oct 2, 2005.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

do you guys have a problem keeping the hubcaps on over the lugs? My truck originally had the painted wheels, and I bought a set of the chrome ones and I cant get the center caps to stay on. Is their any tricks to getting them to stay on? I can never get each lug cap tight either.

2. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

when that happened to me i just went to the dealer and bought ones that wouldn't stay tight. :waving:

3. PremierLand

from detroit

bought ones that DIDNT stay tight? lol makes no since my man. hopefully you mean you bought ones that would stay tight?

4. festerw

festerw Senior Member

I would head to the dealer and find out if they are the same part # as the caps that go on the new wheels. I ran into the same problem on my Jeep, about 4,000 different center caps for like 8 styles of wheels.

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Ive never had this problem yet, now that I say that this year Ill have them all fall off..Just my luck.

6. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

yes they did stay tight my bad. :sleeping:

7. PremierLand

from detroit

right on, im just givin u a hard time. One I get my new tires on, ill get new caps.