1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Center bottom bolt, Straight RT3

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Vtlumberjack, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Vtlumberjack

Vtlumberjack Junior Member
    from VT

Directly underneath my shock absorber, dead center. There is a Large horizontal bolt with what looks like threads on both sides of the nut. in theory you would think that the nut should be tight to the bolt. Is this the case or is it supposed to be half threaded. This may sound confusing and if it is I will try and get a picture of it. I am new to site, so just figuring things out. Plow is old style RT3 Superduty 7.5

Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A pic would be most helpful. Not 100% positive of what you're describing. Perhaps the bolts that attach the T-frame to the moldboard possibly?

3. Vtlumberjack

from VT

Attach are the pictures. Again this is dead center attaching blade to under carriage.

IMG00235.jpg

IMG00236.jpg

4. Vtlumberjack

from VT

another picture to show area...

_Media Card_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00237.jpg

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Tight is tight. If the dealer that assembled that plow cranked that thing down and bent that steel (that is black in color) it would weaken it. Thus causing you problems down the road. If you can take it as it sits and spin it freely by hand then give it a few turns to snug it up.

6. Vtlumberjack

from VT

I figured that I wasnt loosing my mind, and that it was were it was supposed to be. It's just a little concerning to see it "half" threaded and not knowing the answer. Thank you for the help

7. Bolt-1

Bolt-1 Senior Member

its not supposed to be threaded all the way. its the pivot point between your moldboard and frame. and like RBRONKEMA GHTFD said dont over tighten it .

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I just looked at my 8 footer and its the same way as yours is.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Those are the T-frame to moldboard bolts I suspected you were referring to...and they're just fine, don't change a thing.