1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Center biscuit on Easy V .... What works ??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by CMD, Mar 9, 2012.

1. CMD

CMD Member
    from Maine

Ok , we are on our 6th biscuit in two easy v plows this winter ..... fisher equipment replacement parts ...... the new type does not have fiber in them ...... getting expensive and a pain in the Axx .

Anyone know of another material to substitute or aftermarket replacement that actually works ?
  2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

What's a Biscuit?

EZ-Vs have a center wiper kit. Originally two pieces of rubber now one. A piece of steel for behind each edge holds the rubber piece in place. I run three EZ-Vs and mine all last the life of the steel edges and then I replace them with a kit from Fisher. Its about $150 my cost from the dealer. I am exploring going to a XV style edge next, and am going to work on one over the summer. I have heard of people and have a few pics of custom bent XV style edges.
  3. CMD

CMD Member
    from Maine

Flipper , we are talking the same item ... Tshaped rubber held on the easy V with bolts and large washers ....... been paying around $35 each for the replacement from my deailer ..... the original ones I remember had a fiber mesh in the rubber ...,. the are plain rubber and pull the bolts right through. They claim these are fisher replacement parts .

I have had these two plows for 6-7 years and typically we go through 1-2 a year ...... this year 3 a piece

I have two other Extreme V plows and they are fine equipment ...... The easy V plows were very good but as with everything the new model makes improvements ......... but those easy V's are paid for and everytime they drop the cash is in my pocket ....need to maintain them for another 3-4 years .

If there is a way to modify them to something similar to the xtreme V edges I would be interested
  4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Go to one of your local welding shops or metal fab shops. Any shop worth their salt should be able to come up with something. I'm not saying it will be cheap but it should fix your problem. A piece of 5/8" flat steel ought to do the trick as long as they can get the bend in the center right.
  5. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

I ended up just using a piece of belted rubber so far it has worked bolted it up to the cutting edge sides. Problem we have is the center wears down about an inch the rear of the brackets wear out then their shot & you need to replace the entire cutting edge, outer edge was still almost new, so it gets frustrating.
  6. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I actually think my EZ-Vs are better plows then my XV. That's why I search for them and by any used I can find.

This summer I will have the XV and an EZ-V side by side and figure out my take on the edges. As I said I have pics of people who did it. Just comes down to measuring right and making the right bends and holes. Then writing it down for duplication.
  7. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

Alot of people drill another set of cutting edge holes around an inch lower than the originals. Then you can get another inch worth of wear from your edges.
  8. sparksrides

sparksrides Senior Member

when i rebuilt my ezv this season i was thinking about up grading to the one piece t shaped rubber center flap and my dealer said he would keep the 2 piece if he was me. he said he has had nothing but problems with the one piece wearing out to early or tearing off. what he suggest was getting thick rubber and making my own replacement 2 piece since fisher does not offer them any more ,so that's what i did using left over rubber from the snow deflector kit i got for my other plow.

HERCULESTRUCK Junior Member
    from PA

I have available the cutting edges you are looking for. They would take care of your problem. If you would like to see them, you can go to the western discussion on mvp cutting edges. let me know if I can help you.