1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cenova .... out?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Silverstreak, May 2, 2012.

1. Silverstreak

Silverstreak Senior Member

their going to auction eveything off, has anyone heard anything

2. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Hunyady.com has the auction.

From the auction description it says they are getting out of the "self-serving" end of things. From that I gather they will no longer do any work in house, and sub it all out. Auction seems to have some ok equipment going up.

3. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

after being spoiled the last few season and this yr being so lean . you'll be seeing alot more businesses selling off unused equipment

4. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Card doctor, it not only the lack of snow from this past season, but combined with durring the "good years" people slashing rates (and in turn margins) to gain market share.
    I know we are hurting after this season, but I have already started a reorganization plan that will stabilize things better if it (a light winter) happens again. My game plan is to have do away with per visit or hourly with out retainer, stuff as much as possible. If it requires a piece or multiple pieces it WILL require a retainer. Our worst case of this this year was a school district, we provided 2 wheel loaders, a bobcat, & 3 trucks. Total bill 9K. I had budgeted worst case (low snow) in our market of about 23k. These things can't happen, not only did I take a hit now, staff depends on the income that isn't there, etc. Who wants to be on call all winter to make a couple hunderd dollars. All across the board it hurts.

5. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I will be at the auction, but like some said I got the Hunyady flyer nothing super exciting for sale

6. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

I was going to go, but was actually too busy for a day... and yeah, seemed most stuff was high hours, old/older etc.. Not like they had 2008 F550s with 2yr old boss plows, new salt spreaders and 2 year old john deere machines there.

They provided us an extra backup box for the winter, and i had talked to them about buying it out at the end of the contract... protech box painted silver, dented up, part rusted, just ugly.... Machine didnt move all year and had them pick up the box.

If they are just doing all subbed out work, they havnt offered anything to us "besides snow".

7. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

was goning to go to the auction, Just to busy right now. Had friends that were there. Some stuff went cheap, some stuff went for to much with no maintenence records. I am mad that I missed out on the air flo spreaders.

there are auctions popping up all over with lots of snow removal equipment for sale.

8. salopez

salopez Senior Member

anyone know what the tri-axle went for?

9. fordplowdude

fordplowdude Member

It went for $41,000. I think it was a pretty good deal!

10. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Don't know about you all, but they are the worst to work for. Screwed me over for a couple grand.

Now they'll have more subs to screw over!

11. jeffslawnservic

jeffslawnservic Member

I was talking to a guy who used to work for them and he said that they laid him off last September (he also did landscaping with them) and he knew about them selling everything else off then. So I guess they had planned on selling everything off way before the snow season even started.