1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cell phones "used" Nextel & Cingular

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by IndySnowPlow, Feb 25, 2005.

1. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

I have 4 cell phones listed on ebay for sale.

Search Motorola i730 to find
    1-Motorola i 730 w/ chargers and case Nextel

2-Motorola i305 w/ chargers and case Nextel

Search Motorola t720 to find
    1-Motorola T 720 w/charger Cingular

All 4 at this point are under 100 dollars for all.

2. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Link?

Why don't you post a link to your auction? No one is going to sort through 10,000+ listings to find yours. There is way to much stuff that comes up with that search criteria. Just an idea.

3. nrsr21

nrsr21 Junior Member

Its to my understanding that once you buy a Nextel phone, Its your for ever! You can't activate a used nextel phone. Rules may have chanced sinse I called nextel. But thats what i was told!

4. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Someone told you a lie. Especially SIM card phones. Just pop the card in & your in business!

5. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

Yeah, not true I've bought and sold used nextel phones...never had a problem.

Someone was lying to you.

6. FIREDUDE26

FIREDUDE26 Member

nextel buyback

If you have a nextel acct you can sell them back to nextel for 75 bucks. THey will credit your acct. THat is for the nextel phones only.

7. saleen49

saleen49 Junior Member

Its the complete opposite, Nextel phones don't have locking software like some other companys do, I have several Nextels that i just change the sim card from phone to phone and they don't have a problem with this, the sim is under the battery and holds the phone numbers and account software, problem with this is the newer i730 type phones use 64 bit sim cards and the older phones use 32 bit so using a lesser bit sim in a newer 64 bit phone won't allow you to use all of the features so you need to do the home work before buying a Nextel with hopes of just changing out your sim,

8. saleen49

saleen49 Junior Member

Depending on the phone model you can get two to three times that selling them on Ebay as the market for phones with out a contract is pretty good, look and see for your self