1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cell phone use policy

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Dirtsellerpaul, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Dirtsellerpaul

Dirtsellerpaul Junior Member
    from Alberta

Do any of you have a policy in place regarding cell phone use during work hours? I'm not talking about work related use, but personal calls, texts, etc... I am in the process of updating our employee handbook, and this (along with iPods) will be addressed, but I'm curious about how others word their policies.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Leave them in the office and pick them up at the end of the day.
  3. Dirtsellerpaul

Dirtsellerpaul Junior Member
    from Alberta

That's not a bad idea. Have you met with a lot of employee resistance to that?

I'm guessing any emergency calls go through the office then.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  4. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

when I grow my bussiness and I catch someone plowing with an iPod in there ears I'll tell then to go home right there, that puts trucks at risk because it's actually in your ear (headphone) a radio is fine because you can hear over, same with texting, it dangerous while driving on normal rodeways, but if you do it while plowing; then you risk hitting a light pole.