1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ceiling fabric.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by farmerkev, Aug 8, 2008.

1. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

I need to pull back a few inches of the fabric on the ceiling to put on my cab lights, How is it attached, can I just pull it back?

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

if i remember right, i think its velcro.....or clips. shoot now i gotta go look. Im sure B&B will be on soon :cool:

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Staple gun always worked in my 83 Chevy station wagon

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Dont pull JUST the fabric off...pull the complete headliner panel down that the fabric is glued too.

You have to remove the plastic trim around the outer sides, including the pillar molding...then pull the headliner down. If you only need access at the front, you'll just need to pull the front and side trim plastic down. That should give you enough room to tug the headliner down for cab light access.

5. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Pillar moldings, thats what their called! Boy are they a :realmad: to remove. Broke a clip in the process. I didnt know what to call the whole thing, but I did just remove the headliner while I was working, got it all done last night, put the interior back together about an hour ago, and now Im done. A piece of the headliner came detached from the velcro, but it still stays up, some dubble sided tape might help, but its fine.

I learned that the best way to get a project done is to quit asking questions, and just go for it. Now onto the body lift (arrived yesterday) but Ill need some help with that!

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

LOL. sorry, thought that line was funny :D

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If I would have divulged that little piece of info it may have scared you away. :)

Glad to hear your gaining the "give it a try" attitude kev...thats how you learn hands on. :nod:

8. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

I made that line with the intentions that somebody would get a good laugh. :p Or call me stupid. Glad it turned out the be #1.

I am learning alot from hands on experience. But its a $2600 truck and I worry about messing it up worse than it is. But I get a little to worried most of the time. I have two freinds who can/will help me with the body lift. I can do most of it, but its a little complicated and I figure a body lift isnt the time to make a mistake.